A group of top carers have been recognised for their outstanding performance and dedication at the Meallmore Staff Awards.
Members of staff from Meallmore’s 23 care homes across Scotland came together at Perth Race Course to celebrate a successful year and recognise employees who make a real difference to the lives of residents and their family members.
With eleven awards categories, including Excellence in Support Services, Staff Newcomer and Carer of the Year, over a thousand nominations were put forward this year by residents, their families, visiting professionals and staff. The company now employs in the region of 1600 staff and all were eligible for nomination.
Gerry Hennessey, managing director of Meallmore, said: “Celebrating success and recognising the hard work of all our staff is extremely important to everyone at Meallmore. Our annual awards ceremony is a date which everyone looks forward to and brings all our teams together under one roof to celebrate all the effort each member of staff puts in throughout the year.
“I would like to congratulate our worthy winners and also personally thank all our Meallmore staff who go above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care for our residents.”
Meallmore is committed to providing high quality care and support, investing in staff training, engagement and communication to ensure residents have access to the best possible care.
The company provides a range of residential nursing, dementia and mental health care across Scotland.
Award winners include:
- Staff Newcomer: Gunvor Finlay, Kinmylies Lodge
- Excellence in Dementia: Rebecca Shand, St Modans
- Manager of the Year: Julie Newman, Ivybank House
- Nutrition & Eating Well: Keith Smith, Kinmylies Lodge
- Excellence in Support Service: Angela Duffy, Kincaid House
- Specialist Adult Care Worker: Emma Clarke, Hilton Court
- Nurse of the Year: Paula McCafferty, Antonine House
- Senior Care Worker: Ovidiu Suciu, Redwoods
- Carer of the Year: Ann Donovan, Mearns House
- Head Office and Field Based Support: Peter McCall, Caulfield House
- Meaningful Activities: Maria Kerr, St Modans
Winners were presented with a certificate, trophy and an iPad, with runners up receiving a certificate of recognition.