Care Industry News DATA PROTECTION NOTICE Who are we?
Care Industry News is a B2B website for UK care providers of adult social care We collect, hold and use personal information to help us run and promote Care Industry News.
What is the purpose of this notice?
We are data controllers in respect of the personal information that we hold. Because we use your personal information, we have to provide you with certain information in order to comply with new data protection legislation set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This notice contains information on:
• The personal information we collect about you, what we do with this information and why we hold it. This is explained in more detail in section one (see page 2). • Who else we get personal information from and who else we share personal information with. This is explained in more detail in section two (see page 5). • What rights you have in relation to your personal information and who to contact if you have any problems. This is set out in section three (see page 6).
We have set out additional information your rights under the GDPR (see page 7), third parties with whom we share your personal information (see page 10) and an explanation of the key terms and phrases that are used in this notice (see page 11).
Where can I get more information?
This notice explains how the Care Industry News processes your personal information. Please read this notice (and any other privacy information that we send to you) so that you are aware of how and why we are using your personal information.
We may change this notice from time to time. Please visit the webpage or contact us in order to receive the most up to date version of this notice. Our contact details are set out below.
Care Industry News – UK – data protection notice
SECTION ONE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
What information do we collect and process?
We collect and process your personal information because you have subscribed to our daily news letter, our occasional emails, our groups on Linked In, our pages on Facebook, our Instagram or our Twitter feed We DO NOT SHARE YOUR DATA WITH ANYONE. How do we collect your personal information?
When you subscribe to all or any of the above.
When you attended one of our events or visit our website, you were given the option to be added to our mailing list so as to keep up to date with news relating to Care Industry News. This information may be updated. Updated information may come from: Why do we process your personal information?
We use this information to:
• Forward and share news from the Care Sector.
What are our legal grounds for processing your personal information?
Your consent on subscribing.
In many cases, we believe we have your explicit consent to process your data for the purposes mentioned in this document. To the extent that this may not be true in some cases, we are relying on the other grounds mentioned here.
In order to comply with our legal obligations
We are under legal obligations to process your personal information in order to comply with relevant legislation and court rulings. It may be necessary for us to process your personal information in order to comply with these legal obligations.
In order to fulfil our legitimate interests Processing your personal information is also lawful if it is based on our ‘legitimate interests’. We have a legitimate interest in promoting the website -UK and in running, promoting and marketing the Care Industry News website and its risks and liabilities. In order to rely on this legal ground, we have:
• considered the impact the processing has on your interests and rights; and
• implemented appropriate safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected as far as possible.
If relevant, what would be our legal grounds for processing your sensitive personal information?
There are three legal grounds that allow us to process your sensitive personal information (sometimes referred to as special categories of personal data):
• when we obtain explicit consent from you (e.g. when you sign one of the Care Industry News forms which contains the appropriate consent wording);
What would happen if we did not collect and process your personal information?
If we did not collect and process your personal information then:
• we would not be able to deliver the news and the products appropriate to the healthcare sector ;
we would not be able to manage or administer Care Industry News appropriately;
• we would not be able to promote and fundraise Care Industry News effectively;
• we would be in breach of our legal and regulatory duties. How long do we keep your personal information for? We need to maintain records in order to properly perform the contract between us and comply with the legal obligations that we are under as a news site
We need to maintain records in order to properly run and promote Care Industry News, and to circulate details of our publications and events to those on our mailing list. Your data is retained until you remove yourself from either the subscribed to daily email or remove yourself from the groups on Linked In or Facebook and various social media pages including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send a comment here.