Nine members of staff at Beaumont Park nursing home in Biggleswade have been thanked and recognised for their long service to the home. The group have accrued a staggering 155 years’ service at the home between them, carrying out a range of roles to care for the residents.
The home is part of the Healthcare Homes Group and yesterday, Tuesday 23rd May, the group’s Chief Executive Officer Gordon Cochrane, along with Chief Operating Officer Helen Gidlow and Regional Manager George Catanescu, visited the home to present the staff with certificates and gifts.
The staff recognised yesterday have served between 12 and 30 years at Beaumont Park, in roles such as care assistant, business manager and domestic assistant. Of particular note is Glenda Russell who has worked at the home for 30 years and is currently Beaumont Park’s Head Housekeeper.
The home provides high quality nursing and residential care for up to 46 people, some of whom live with conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
Chief Executive Officer Gordon Cochrane said, “It was a real privilege to be able to thank the staff at Beaumont Park, who have demonstrated such dedication and commitment to the home and those that live there.
“All of the residents in our 35 homes depend on the professionalism and care of our staff, who do such a fantastic job every day to make their lives comfortable and enjoyable. We are proud to be served by so many team members who have been with us for at least ten years and I would like to extend my personal thanks to each and every one of them.”
The staff members recognised were:
· Glenda Russell – Head Housekeeper – 30 years’ service
· Lesley Sell – Care Assistant – 24 years’ service
· Teresa Isle – Domestic Assistant – 18 years’ service
· Glyn Barker – Maintenance Worker – 15 years’ service
· Bumna Desborough – Laundry/Domestic Assistant – 15 years’ service
· Annette Lenton – Business Manager – 15 years’ service
· Nien Dellar – Domestic Assistant – 13 years’ service
· Suchanya (Phil) Green – Domestic Assistant – 13 years’ service
· Sarah Dimmock – Domestic Assistant – 12 years’ service