The event was a chance to celebrate HC-One’s 14,000 colleagues who go above and beyond each day to make a real difference to the lives of Residents in either a caring or supporting role. The awards were also an opportunity to mark HC-One’s fifth anniversary.
The evening was compared by HC-One Executive Chairman Dr. Chai Patel, and other senior members of the team who presented the awards to worthy winners. There was also be a special video message from Dame Esther Rantzen who founded The Silver Line, of which HC-One are a founding partner.
HC-One is sector leading in its focus on delivering the kindest care through its dedicated and passionate staff. The career growth and progression shown by the winners of each award is a testament to the investment of HC-One in their colleagues as a cornerstone of the business, which has recently been named as a Skills for Care Centre of Excellence. HC-One is also celebrating achieving a 9.4 average rating on the sector’s leading care home comparison website carehome.co.uk.
Winner of the Leader of the Year Award, Denise Fowler of Fairview Care Home, said:
“I am immensely proud to win this award. It has been a very motivational day and I feel very enthusiastic about taking my work forward and looking towards the future.”
Winner of the Nursing Assistant of the Year Award, Susan Parr of Callands Care Home, said:
“I’m over the moon. I love working at HC-One and the most important part of my job is giving Residents a great quality of life.”
Winner of the Carer of the Year Award, Keith Varley of Jack Dormond Care Home, said:
“I’m blown away. This means so much to me but also everyone in the team. Person centred care is at the heart of what we do and we’re so happy to be recognised for that.”
HC-One Executive Chairman, Dr. Chai Patel CBE FRCP said:
“The HC-One of a Kind Awards are about recognising and celebrating colleagues who demonstrate the kindest care, and demonstrate best practice, that we can all learn from.”
“Each and every day, HC-One staff do incredible work, and make such a difference to the lives of Residents living in our homes.
There were 15 awards to recognise colleagues from across the business including:
- Carer of the Year – Keith Varley, Jack Dormond Care Home
- Nurse of the Year – Julie Noble, Jack Dormand Care Home
- Rising Star of the Year – Sarah Todd, Defoe Court Care Home
- Nursing Assistant of the Year – Susan Parr, Callands Care Home
- Chef of the Year – Terri and Deborah Donnelly, Silverwood (Rotherham) Care Home
- Care Home Support Worker of the Year – Lynn Adam, Douglas View Care Home
- Dementia Carer of the Year – Simon Li, Kesteven Grange Care Home
- Team of the Year – Amber Lodge Care Home
- Leader of the Year – Denise Fowler, Fairview Care Home
- Home Manager of the Year – Orla Adamson, Daisy Nook Care Home
- Most Improved Care Home of the Year – Tower Bridge Care Home
- Care Home of the Year – Bankwood Care Home
- Unsung Hero – Catherine Valenti, Joanna Gamack, Francesca Jaskolksi, Gordon Asher, David McCluskey andStuart Wayper
- Chairman’s Award – Richmond House Care Home
- Lifetime Achievement of the Award – Elizabeth Roscoe