Leading dementia care provider, Belong, has recognised the outstanding achievements of its colleagues in a jubilant celebration at its annual Champion Awards.
As part of its first ever virtual awards ceremony, live streams across all Belong villages brought over 300 colleagues, customers, their families, and local communities together and enabled them to cheer on the winners as they collected their accolades.
A total of 12 awards were handed out for categories including leadership, compassion, and community engagement. Nominees from Belong’s seven care villages, home care service, and support services were assessed in interviews with an independent judging panel to determine the winners.
The panel, comprising members of Belong’s non-executive board and senior figures from partner organisations, were full of praise for those shortlisted, describing them as ‘inspirational’ and commended teams’ support for one another and community engagement projects which ‘reach positive outcomes for the benefit of all.’
Belong’s people and development manager, Tim Kirk, said: “It’s been a very challenging year and the outbreak of the pandemic part way through our awards process disrupted our plans to bring everyone together, as it has so many other things. We felt strongly that it was still important to celebrate the commitment and successes of our village teams over the last 12 months, albeit under slightly different circumstances, and we are thrilled that so many of our customers and their relatives could join us for the online event.”
Tracey Stakes, Belong chief executive added: “Our colleagues always look forward to the Champion Awards and though we’ve had to move this year’s online, it’s been our best yet. It was wonderful seeing our teams, customers and their loved ones all together, donned in their finest attire to celebrate and say ‘thank you’ to everyone for their dedication and hard work these past 12 months.”
The Champion Awards 2020 was made possible thanks to the support of Collective Purchasing, Marr Procurement, Person Centred Software, Search Consultancy, Pozzoni Architecture, Triangle PR and the Seddon Group.
The full list of winners for Belong’s Champion Awards 2020:
- Newcomer Award: Lisa Wynne, Belong Wigan
- Mentor Award: Kelly Haddock, Belong Atherton
- Leader Award: Natalie Ravenscroft, Belong Crewe
- Team Award: Belong at Home Warrington team
- Compassion Award: Donna Woolrich, Belong at Home Crewe
- Innovation Award: Christine Thomas, Belong Atherton
- Dementia Champion Award: Josephine Mollison, Belong Crewe
- End-of-Life Care Award: Liam Coffey, Belong Newcastle-under-Lyme & Belong Crewe team
- Volunteer Award: Diane Wrench, Belong Warrington
- Community Engagement Award: Experience Day team, Belong Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Outstanding Contribution to Belong: Belinda Jones, Belong dementia trainer