Care Management Group (CMG) is celebrating today after the Masons Hill service in Bromley achieved an ‘Outstanding’ rating, following a Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection earlier this year.
CMG is a leading provider of residential care, supported living and domiciliary care provision for people with learning disabilities and associated complex needs. Masons Hill is the latest CMG service to secure an Outstanding rating, bringing the total number of the CMG Groups’ Outstanding services to an impressive five.
Inspectors praised Masons Hill for being “outstanding in empowering people to have as much control over their lives as possible and achieve to the maximum potential”, a vision which is a central guiding principle for CMG.
The CQC report also praised the extensive range of initiatives provided by the service and CMG, which promoted service-users well-being and fulfilment, including running specific training courses, annual sports events and award ceremonies.
The report commended the service’s “strong culture of supporting and promoting peoples strengths and diverse needs”. Inspectors also noted how Masons Hill’s strong reputation for providing high-quality care provision was reflected in a number of award nominations by the local authority.
The report highlighted a number of other key areas:
- CQC praised the Registered Manager, Kim Long, for maintaining a “strong culture of respect, inclusion and empowerment for people at the service.”
- The Chief Executive Officer of CMG, Peter Kinsey, was commended for taking an “active leadership role in encouraging and monitoring services to develop distinctive personalised care, promote choice and increase social inclusion.”
- Relatives told inspectors that the service is “highly personalised and that the staff team worked well to deliver an excellent level of care.”
- The leadership of the service remained rated Outstanding, with feedback from people and health and social care professionals continuing to be “overwhelmingly positive and distinctive”.
- Relatives of those living at Masons Hills told inspectors that the team very caring and kind, with the service-users being “treated with respect and dignity” and always being involved in decisions about their own care.
Kim Long, Registered Manager at Masons Hill, said:
“At Masons Hill, we pride ourselves on the high-quality and personailised care provision we deliver, so we are all thrilled to have received an Outstanding rating this month from CQC. The whole team works tirelessly to ensure that the individuals we support are given the care needed, so that each and every person has the opportunity to fulfil their potential and continue to live full and enriched lives.”
Peter Kinsey, Chief Executive Officer of Care Management Group said:
“We are absolutely delighted that Masons Hill has been rated Outstanding by CQC. The rating is testament to Kim Long and her fantastic team, who have done such an amazing job at the service.
“At CMG, we are so proud to now have 5 Outstanding rated services, which is such a huge achievement and we are hugely thank you to all the people who work so hard to help CMG continue to achieve exceptional quality ratings, all whilst providing the young people and adults in our care with high-quality provision.”