The Mayor of Bolton, Councillor Linda Byrne and her Consort John Byrne visited HC-One’s Four Seasons Care Home in Bolton as it opened its doors to members of the local community for a fun-filled open day.
The home welcomed members of the local community as part of their open day, including local health and social care professionals, relatives of the home’s Residents as well as the Mayor and her Consort who were given a tour of the home and enjoyed morning coffee and cake served with traditional cake stands with Residents in the home’s Memory Café. The Mayor was also presented with flowers from the home.
Four Seasons also welcomed HC-One’s Chairman Dr Chai Patel, who, along with HC-One’s Regional Managing Director Liz Whyte, helped to present Kindness in Care awards to HC-One colleagues who have gone above and beyond to provide the kindest care to Residents. The recipients were:
• Liz Moran – Operations Director
• Debi Rodgers – Assistant Operations Director
• Suzanne Scholz – Four Seasons Care Home Manager
• Lisa Joy – Kings Park Care Home Manager
• Jackie Taylor – Kings Park Care Home Deputy Manager
• Sheila Murray – Relief Manager
• Michelle Taylor – Learning & Development Facilitator, Scotland
• Helen Wilkinson – Learning & Development Facilitator
• Ken Tee – Hospitality Specialist
• Karen Johnson – Clinical Quality Manager
• Paul Tennick – Head of Procurement
• Sally O’Driscoll – Medicines & Compliance Project Lead
• Denise Bostock – Learning & Development Facilitator
• Ann Lloyd – Consultant Nurse – Older People/Intermediate Care, NHS Bolton
In the afternoon, guests were treated to an elaborate canapé and finger food buffet laid out by the home’s kitchen, as well as entertainment from a local singer, Gary Alexander, who played contemporary ballads to get Residents singing along.
“The Open Day at Four Seasons was a thoroughly enjoyable event, and I would like to thank the home for their hard work in putting on such a great day. We were particularly delighted to welcome members of the local community and the Mayor Councillor Linda Byrne to join in with the day’s activities. The team at the home is looking forward to putting on more brilliant events for Residents, relatives and guest alike to join in with.”
Suzanne Sholz, Four Seasons Care Home Manager said:
“Our Open Day was a huge success! I would like to thank every member of the team who worked hard to organise it, and everyone that attended, especially the Mayor Councillor Linda Byrne and her Consort who I know the Residents thoroughly enjoyed speaking to.”