A group of top carers have been recognised for their outstanding performance and dedication at the fifth annual Meallmore Awards, which took place in October.
Members of staff from Meallmore’s 21 care homes, community services and support staff across Scotland gathered at Perth Race Course to celebrate a successful year and recognise employees who make a real difference to the lives of residents.
With twelve awards categories in total, including Excellence in Support Services, Staff Newcomer and Carer of the Year, hundreds of nominations were put forward this year by residents, their families, visiting professionals and staff. The company now employs in the region of 1500 staff and all were eligible to nomination.
Gerry Hennessey, Managing Director of Meallmore, said: “Celebrating success is extremely important to everyone at Meallmore, so our annual awards ceremony is a date which everyone looks forward to – including me! We’re very proud of the efforts our staff put in throughout the year and I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their support, and well done to the worthy winners.”
Meallmore is committed to providing high quality care and support, investing in staff training, engagement and communication to ensure residents have access to the best possible care.
The company has over 27 years of experience and provides a range of residential nursing, dementia and mental health care across Scotland.
Award winners include:
- Staff Newcomer: Ovidiu Suciu, Redwoods Care Home
- Excellence in Dementia: Debbie Simpson, St Modans Care Home
- Manager of the Year: Lesley Black, Airthrey Care Home
- Nutrition & Eating Well: Roselle Alberto, Kynnaird House Care Home
- Excellence in Support Service: Rae Cartney, St Modans Care Home
- Specialist Adult Care Worker: Amanda Wallace, Manor Care Home
- Nurse of the Year: Dee Maltman, Parklands Care Home
- Senior Care Worker: Sarah Stewart, Grove Care Home
- Carer of the Year: Paul Higgins, Belleaire House Care Home
- Head Office and Field Based Support: Duncan McGregor, Gardener for Aberdeenshire homes
- Meaningful Activities – Samantha Dougan, Antonine House
This year there was an additional “Special Recognition” Award presented to Morag Waring, Hotel Services Manager for Meallmore.
Winners were presented with an iPad Mini and engraved crystal plaque, with runners up receiving a certificate of recognition.