Great Minders, www.greatminders.com the brainchild of the directors behind one of the UK’s most successful childcare agencies, launches today to fill the gap in the market for elderly care across the UK. It comes at a time when Government cuts have all but halted free care for low or non-medial elderly people, and therefore offers a low cost solution for elderly people who require companionship and help around the home.
Commenting on the launch Director Bryony Sullivan said:
“We believe that there is no black and white solution to elderly care and there seems to be this void between elderly people who are self- sufficient, to those needing full time medical care. Those who just need help around the home or simply companionship, tend to be the ones who are neglected.
“We want to bridge the gap and so our services are aimed at people who need a little extra help, whether that is personal care, driving to appointments, help around the house or garden or just someone to chat to or have a cup of tea with. Through our market research we found that one of the biggest problems elderly people face in our society is loneliness. We hope that by putting people in touch with local companions we hope they can build up friendships and local contacts.”
ABOUT GREAT MINDERS
Great Minders is an online platform – which can be used by care seekers themselves or their family / representative – which connects elderly people with local carers for general care and companionship. It is a simple three step process:
- Search for local carers by entering your postcode
- Find a list of local registered carers and companions, which have been fully vetted and checked by Great Minders.
- Meet and connect with carers through the secure online messaging system
- It is free to register for both carers and care-seekers
- It is free for care seekers to search for carers and view their profiles
- Care seekers pay £29 for 30 days access to be able to contact the carers directly.
Ensuring a safe service for you and your loved ones:
All Great Minders carers and companions:
- Are over 21 yrs old
- Have provided Great Minders with photo ID and a recent proof of address
- Have filled out the Great Minders registration form outlining personal details and experience.
- Have been interviewed by Great Minders
- Have been reference checked by Great Minders
- Have provided Great Minders with copies of DBS checks and First Aid where relevant
For further details on these, Great Minders and the services on offer, please contact Great Minders on 0208 780 9146 firstname.lastname@example.org