Members of staff at Meallmore care homes across Scotland celebrated at Perth Race Course after winning a range of awards presented by the company.
Meallmore hosts an annual awards ceremony to recognise employees who make a real difference to the lives of residents and their families. This year, hundreds of entries were put forward from across the company’s 21 homes and over 1,400 members of staff.
They battled to win in 11 different categories, including Excellence in Dementia, Nurse of the Year, Carer of the Year and Senior Care Worker.
The company has over 25 years’ of experience and runs a network of 21 care homes throughout Scotland providing a range of residential nursing, dementia and mental health care.
Meallmore is committed to providing high quality care and investing in innovative technologies and staff training to ensure residents have access to the best possible care.
Gerry Hennessey, Managing Director of Meallmore, said: “We’re very proud of all our staff and their achievements. It’s important that we take time to recognise our employees’ outstanding efforts and ongoing commitment to our residents. These awards are a great way to identify these individuals and say thank you.”
Award winners include:
- Staff Newcomer: Janet Hamilton, Antonine House, Bearden
- Excellence in Dementia: Barbara Lawson, Kincaid House, Greenock
- Manager of the Year: Andrea Wyllie, Kincaid House, Greenock
- Nutrition & Eating Well: Paul O’Brian, St Modans Care Home, Fraserburgh
- Excellence in Support Service: Elaine Strachan, Auchtercrag House, Ellon
- Specialist Adult Care-Worker: Arlene Thomson, Hilton Court, Rosyth
- Nurse of the Year: Nicola Taylor, Airthrey Care Home, Falkirk
- Senior Care Worker: Danielle Batchelor, Airthrey Care Home, Falkirk
- Carer of the Year: Audrey Moyes, Ivybank House, Polmont
- Head Office and Field Based Support: Karen MacDonald, head office, Inverness
- Meaningful Activities: Sheree Gregg, Meallmore Lodge, Inverness
Winners were presented with an engraved crystal plaque and runners up received a certificate of recognition.