The winners of the 2014 Bupa Care Home Awards were announced at a ceremony in Glasgow hosted by TV presenter, Rylan Clarke.
The Awards celebrate the hard work and achievements of around 27,000 employees across almost 300 care homes. They recognised individuals and teams who have demonstrated exceptional care and have gone the extra mile to support our residents.
The winners are:
- Sarah Wiltshire, Deputy Manager at Ashley House Nursing Home – Care Practice Award
- Aileen Waton, Area Manager, Scotland and Home Based Trainer, Graeme Davidson – Learning and Development Award
- Louise Perry, Activity Coordinator at Balnacarron Care Home – carehome.co.uk Award for Excellence in Care
- Squires Dementia Community Team at Gallions View Nursing Home – Person First…Dementia Second Award
- Carol Barnard, Home Manager at Brierton Lodge Nursing Centre – Leadership Excellence Award
- Julie Taylor and the Lavender Unit Team, Eglantine Villa Residential and Nursing Home – Team of the Year Award
- Anthony Byrne, Home Manager at Arncliffe Court Nursing and Residential Home – Breakthrough Award
- Sam Okeh, Home Manager at Ardenlea Grove Nursing Home – Performance Improvement Award
- Shirley Heaver, Senior Housekeeper at Lynton Hall Nursing Centre – Support Service Excellence Award and Bupa Brightest Star Award
Shirley Heaver, Senior Housekeeper at Bupa’s Lynton Hall Nursing Centre in New Malden was a particular star on the night. Shirley picked up not one, but two care awards – the Support Service Excellence Award and Bupa’s Brightest Star Award.
Shirley, who has worked at Lynton Hall Nursing Centre for over 20 years was recognised for her work in dementia care. Last year Shirley attended a Dementia Excellence Program ran by Bupa and has been putting what she learnt into practice ever since. Shirley has created a special sensory garden for people living with dementia which is loved by residents, particularly during this period of warm weather.
Shirley Heaver, Senior Housekeeper at Bupa’s Lynton Hall Nursing Centre said:
“I am thrilled to have won these awards. It’s made even more special knowing that my colleagues took the time to nominate me.
“Lynton Hall is a special place to work and I will enjoy celebrating with residents and staff in the home”.