Healthcare Homes group, an East Anglian-based residential and domiciliary care provider, is hosting a series of events at its homes located across Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire to celebrate National Care Home Open Day. The event, which officially takes place on Friday 20 June 2014, encourages care homes across the UK to open their doors and welcome the public, with the aim of connecting residents with their local communities.
A planned schedule of events have been published on the Healthcare Homes website, and includes occasions such as:
- Fornham House in Fornham St Martin, Suffolk, is hosting a country fair themed event in the afternoon, which includes games, a tombola and strawberry teas;
- The White House in Beccles, Suffolk, has a full day of music planned, including a live accordionist, entertainment, refreshments and guided tours;
- Oaklands House in Reydon, Southwold, is hosting an Indian-themed day on Sunday 22nd June, which will include Bollywood Dancers, Indian snacks and decorations;
- Claremont House & Lodge in Caister-on-Sea, is planning a Brazilian themes party, which will include 5-A-Side football and music from ‘Carmen Miranda’ and the ‘Los Claremontos’ Band;
- Bilney Hall in Dereham, Norfolk, is planning a ‘Tour Around The World Of Food and Music’, which will include food tasting, quizzes and a raffle.
- Olive House in Newton Flotman, Norfolk is organising a ‘Summer Holiday’ themed day, which will include a 1965 double-decker bus, ice creams and themed tables.
- Home Meadow in Toft, Cambridgeshire is arranging an afternoon of Music and Entertainment, to include cream teas, scones and strawberries.
Sue Campbell-Bannerman, regional activities coordinator for Healthcare Homes explains: “National Care Home Open Day is a great way of welcoming the local community into our homes in order to share a fun filled day. Each home has worked with its residents to agree a theme and to discuss what activities will take place during the open day. This has led to an extremely varied schedule of events, which includes everything from World Cup themed events, through to fetes, strawberry cream teas, to a cruise ship themed party!”
Added David Bates, chief operating office of the Healthcare Homes group: “The National Care Home Open Day is a great way of raising awareness of residential care in general. It encourages the local communities into our homes and gardens to meet the residents, staff and to find out more about the great work that takes place at each. Tours of the homes are available, plus specialists will be on hand to provide advice related to the steps involved in selecting a residential home for a loved-one. We look forward to welcoming as many people into our homes as possible.”
Healthcare Homes group has 23 residential homes across Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire. The full schedule of events can be accessed here:
http://www.healthcarehomes.co.uk/news/95/41/Events-National-Care-Home-Open-Day/. Alternatively, for more information telephone 01206 233190.